OpenAI Ousts Sam Altman From CEO and Board Roles; Worldcoin Drops 12%
The board said it "no longer has confidence in [Altman's] ability to continue leading" the company....
- OpenAI, an artificial intelligence (AI) company, has removed Sam Altman as CEO and from the board.
- The board of directors stated that Altman's lack of consistent communication hindered their ability to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Altman's departure has caused a drop of 12% in the value of Worldcoin (WLD), his eye-scanning cryptocurrency project.
- Mira Murati, the chief technology officer, has been appointed as interim CEO while the company searches for a permanent successor.
- Greg Brockman, a co-founder of OpenAI, has been removed as chairman of the board but will remain as company president under Murati's leadership.
Go to publisher site
The overall sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses the removal of Sam Altman as CEO and the negative impact on Worldcoin's value.