FTX Pauses Sale of $500M Stake in AI Firm Anthropic: Bloomberg
The move followed months of due diligence on the stake being done by the bidders, according to Bloomberg’s sources....
- FTX has paused the sale of its $500 million stake in AI startup Anthropic.
- Perella Weinberg, the investment bank handling FTX's bankruptcy, informed bidders about the pause.
- Bidders have been conducting due diligence on the stake in Anthropic, the creator of ChatGPT rival chatbot Claude.
- FTX and sister hedge fund Alameda had invested $500 million in Anthropic before the bankruptcy filing.
- Anthropic raised $450 million in Series C funding in May and is valued at $4.6 billion.
The article does not express a clear positive or negative sentiment. It simply reports on the pause of the sale of FTX's stake in Anthropic and provides background information on the investment and funding of the AI startup.