Bullish buys CoinDesk as crypto media shakeups continue
The sale of cryptocurrency news site CoinDesk to a new owner has concluded, according to an announcement from the purchasing firm on Nov. 20....
- CoinDesk, a cryptocurrency news site, has been sold to Bullish, a firm operated by former NYSE President Tom Farley.
- Bullish plans to inject capital into CoinDesk to promote the launch of new products, events, and services.
- The size of the transaction has not been disclosed, but a previous offer was reported to be worth $125 million.
- Bullish is involved in the crypto industry and has seen over $300 billion in trading volume on its crypto exchange since its launch in November 2021.
- Bullish is also vying to purchase Sam Bankman-Fried's failed crypto exchange.
- The deal has faced criticism for potentially compromising CoinDesk's editorial integrity.
The sentiment of the article is mixed. The sale of CoinDesk to Bullish is seen as an opportunity for growth and capital injection, but it has also faced criticism for potential biases and compromised editorial integrity.