Blast Layer-2 network launch draws both interest and criticism over potential yield model
The founder of Blur NFT marketplace has launched a new Ethereym layer2 network Blast to allow user earn native yields....
- Pacman, founder of the NFT marketplace Blur, has launched a new Ethereum layer-2 network called Blast.
- Blast is an EVM-compatible optimistic rollup that offers users a 4% yield for ETH and 5% for stablecoins.
- Users can earn Blast Points by inviting others to the protocol.
- Blast raised $20 million in a funding round led by Paradigm and Standard Crypto.
- The network launch has boosted BLUR's price by over 5%.
- Blast has faced criticism for its Ponzi-like structure and resemblance to a pyramid scheme.
- Critics have raised concerns about the Blast invite system, one-way deposits, and the closed contract ownership.
- Despite the criticism, Blast has attracted inflows of nearly $50 million.
The sentiment towards Blast and its approach is mixed. While it has attracted significant inflows of funds, it has also faced criticism for its structure and resemblance to pyramid and Ponzi schemes.