Bitcoin (BTC) Surpasses Visa Transaction Volume
Digital gold surpassing one of biggest payment networks in world...
- Bitcoin's annual transaction volume has exceeded that of Visa, a significant milestone considering Bitcoin's decentralized nature and limited global usage.
- However, the term "transaction volume" can be misleading, as a large portion of Bitcoin's activity comes from high-frequency transactions using protocols like Ordinals.
- Comparing Bitcoin and Visa in terms of transactions is tricky due to their fundamental differences in centralization, rules, limitations, and use cases.
- Despite the differences, Bitcoin surpassing Visa in transaction volume highlights the growing influence of decentralized networks and raises questions about the future of the financial landscape.
- Full adoption of decentralized payments is facing challenges, as seen in El Salvador's experiment with digital payments.
The article discusses the significance of Bitcoin surpassing Visa's annual transaction volume, highlighting both the achievements and limitations of decentralized networks. The overall sentiment is neutral, acknowledging the milestone but also recognizing the challenges and complexities involved.