Argentina Unlikely to Join BRICS After Javier Milei’s Victory
Javier Milei has emerged as the winner of the just-concluded presidential election in Argentina. Read more on Coin Edition....
- Javier Milei has won the presidential election in Argentina.
- There are concerns about the potential decline of Argentina's invitation to join the BRICS economic bloc.
- Milei promised to replace the Peso with the U.S. dollar to address the financial crisis.
- Milei plans to cut ties with Brazil and China, two important trading partners.
- Argentina's top economist, Diana Mondino, has expressed doubts about joining BRICS.
- The Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson reaffirmed the importance of the BRICS cooperation mechanism.
The sentiment in the article is mixed. Milei's victory is seen as significant, but there are concerns about the potential consequences of his policies, such as declining the invitation to join BRICS and cutting ties with important trading partners.