Apple Sued for Limiting P2P Payments Via Crypto And Other Methods
The class-action lawsuit claims Apple’s restriction of crypto payments may violate anti-trust laws....
- A class-action lawsuit has been filed against Apple, claiming that the company's restriction of crypto payments may violate anti-trust laws.
- Apple has faced accusations of non-competitive practices regarding payment methods on their devices in the past, including a landmark case against Epic Games.
- The lawsuit alleges that Apple heavily restricts cryptocurrencies as an alternative payment method, leading to inflationary price hikes and no viable alternatives for users.
- Apple is accused of entering anti-competitive agreements with CashApp and Venmo, limiting feature and price competition in the market.
- The lawsuit also claims that Apple has banned crypto-related apps from its App Store.
The sentiment of the article is negative towards Apple, as it highlights the allegations of anti-competitive practices and restrictions on crypto payments.