Apple Faces Lawsuit Over Blocking Crypto Tech For P2P Payments
Apple is confronted with a class action lawsuit alleging anticompetitive behavior in the iOS peer-to-peer payments sector. Apple Faces Lawsuit Over...
- Apple is facing a class action lawsuit alleging anticompetitive behavior in the iOS peer-to-peer payments sector.
- Dissatisfied consumers claim that Apple colluded with Block's Cash App and PayPal's Venmo to restrict the use of decentralized cryptocurrency technology in payment applications.
- Users were allegedly required to pay inflated prices as a result of these restrictions.
- The lawsuit accuses Apple of employing technological and contractual restraints to control every app installed on iPhones and iPads.
- Plaintiffs seek reimbursement for exorbitant charges and injunctive relief to prevent further anticompetitive behavior.
The sentiment in this article is negative towards Apple, as it accuses the company of engaging in anticompetitive behavior and restricting the use of decentralized cryptocurrency technology.