$20M+ Expended on U.S. Crypto Lobbying, on Track to Break 2022 Record
The crypto industry has spent over $20 million on lobbying in the U.S. in 2023, with the figure on track to surpass the 2022 record....
- The crypto industry has spent over $20 million on lobbying in the United States in 2023 for the first three quarters of the year.
- A total of $56.32 million has been spent on crypto lobbying over the past four years.
- 66 companies and 12 organizations actively participated in lobbying efforts, advocating for crypto-related issues since 2019.
- Leading the lobbying efforts are exchanges Coinbase, Binance, Crypto.com, Kraken, payment firm Ripple, and stablecoin issuer Tether.
- The surge in crypto lobbying began in 2021, with lobbying expenditures tripling to $8.49 million.
- The highest spending on crypto lobbying was observed in 2022, with a record-breaking $22.07 million.
- The crypto industry has already spent $20.19 million in 2023, putting it on track to surpass lobbying spending in 2022.
The sentiment of the article is neutral, providing information about the amount of money spent on crypto lobbying in the United States.