Someone Got $8.4 Million in Blur NFT Marketplace's Latest Airdrop - Decrypt
One JPEG flipper saw millions of dollars in rewards from Blur's Season 2 airdrop. Now the marketplace is teasing its own Ethereum layer-2 network, Blast....
- NFT marketplace Blur awarded a trader named Hanwe with 22.85 million BLUR tokens, worth over $8.4 million, as part of its Season 2 rewards.
- Hanwe received the largest share of rewards for Season 2 and announced the receipt of the tokens on Twitter.
- Blur's token, BLUR, has increased in value since the airdrop.
- Blur's upcoming Season 3 will be powered by a new Ethereum layer-2 network called Blast, backed by Paradigm and Standard Crypto.
- The reward structure for Season 3 has been changed, with 50% of the season's rewards going to those who deposit BLUR into the platform.
- A trader named @ESK_NFT turned a starting fund of 2-3 ETH into an $83,100 airdrop during Season 2.
- Some traders sought to maximize their airdrop by selling NFT collections like the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
- Notable trader Jeffrey Huang expressed disappointment with his Season 2 airdrop and criticized Blur and its co-founder on Twitter.
The sentiment of the article is mixed. It highlights the success of Hanwe and @ESK_NFT in receiving significant airdrops, but also mentions disappointment expressed by Jeffrey Huang towards Blur and its co-founder.