Crypto Exchange Bittrex Global Shuts Down Following Battle With SEC - Decrypt
Another crypto business has bit the dust. Bittrex Global is winding down operations following the closure of its U.S. exchange in March....
- Bittrex Global, a Liechtenstein-based crypto exchange, has announced that it will wind down its operations and cease all trading by December 4.
- The decision comes after facing regulatory challenges, including the closure of its U.S. operations earlier this year due to a lawsuit and settlement with the SEC.
- Customers are encouraged to withdraw their assets as soon as possible.
- Bittrex co-founder and CEO expressed concerns over the unclear and uneven regulatory environment surrounding crypto.
- The closure of its U.S. operations was a precursor to the global exchange's decision.
- Bittrex Global ranks among the top 100 cryptocurrency exchanges, but its trading volume is relatively modest compared to Coinbase and Binance.
- The company has discontinued its referral program and promotions, but will provide support to customers during the wind-down process.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses the closure of Bittrex Global's operations due to regulatory challenges and the impact it has on customers.