MSFT, NVDA Jump as Microsoft Launches AI Venture With Sam Altman - Decrypt
Microsoft saw its stock rise 1.5% Monday after the company announced it had hired OpenAI co-founders Sam Altman and Greg Brockman....
- Microsoft shares rose 1.5% after hiring OpenAI founder Sam Altman to lead its new advanced AI research team.
- Altman was ousted as CEO of OpenAI due to communication issues, prompting Greg Brockman to step down as chairman.
- Twitch co-founder Emmett Shear has been named interim CEO of OpenAI while a permanent hire is sought.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella expressed commitment to the partnership with OpenAI and excitement about Altman and Brockman joining the new AI venture.
- Nvidia shares also saw a 0.7% rise, reflecting growing AI enthusiasm among investors.
The article discusses the hiring of Sam Altman by Microsoft to lead its AI research team, following his departure from OpenAI. The sentiment is generally positive, highlighting the rise in Microsoft shares and the commitment to the partnership with OpenAI.