Worldcoin Plummets as OpenAI Pushes Out Founder Sam Altman - Decrypt
Sam Altman is out at OpenAI, the AI company he co-founded. It appears Worldcoin investors aren't taking the news well....
- Sam Altman's departure from OpenAI led to a 14% drop in the WLD token associated with Worldcoin.
- Altman was ousted as CEO of OpenAI due to a lack of candid communication, causing a loss of confidence in his leadership.
- Worldcoin's token, WLD, was trading at $1.89 per token with a market capitalization of $218 million.
- The token has seen $141 million worth of volume in the past 24 hours, with 40% of it coming from the WLD and USDT trading pair on Binance.
- This marks a 42% drop from WLD's all-time high of $3.30.
- The broader AI coin market cap grew by 30% to $5.4 billion in the past 24 hours.
- Worldcoin is a biometric cryptocurrency project focused on authenticating human identity online through iris scanning.
- The project faced criticism for its acquisition of users and has been scrutinized by governments, including Kenya, the U.K, Germany, and France.
The article discusses the negative impact of Sam Altman's departure on the WLD token associated with Worldcoin. It also highlights the criticism and scrutiny faced by the Worldcoin project. Overall, the sentiment is negative.