WSJ Report: Crypto Exchange Bullish Buys 100% Stake in CoinDesk from DCG
Cryptocurrency exchange Bullish announced it acquired a 100% stake in the crypto media site CoinDesk. According to the Wall Street Journal, Bullish purchased CoinDesk from Digital Currency Group (DCG) for an undisclosed sum....
- Cryptocurrency exchange Bullish has acquired a 100% stake in crypto media site CoinDesk from Digital Currency Group (DCG).
- The financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
- Bullish plans to invest in CoinDesk's global expansion and growth of its media, events, and indexing businesses.
- Former WSJ editor-in-chief Matt Murray will chair an independent editorial committee, and CoinDesk's current editorial team will remain the same.
- CoinDesk's CEO and management team will continue to lead the platform as an independent subsidiary within Bullish.
- DCG acquired CoinDesk in 2016 for $500,000 and is proud of its growth and development.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, highlighting the acquisition of CoinDesk by Bullish and the plans for investment and growth. The statements from Bullish CEO Tom Farley, CoinDesk CEO Kevin Worth, and DCG CEO Barry Silbert express enthusiasm and optimism about the partnership and future prospects.