Nervos Community Gears Up for First CKB Halving
Nervos Community Gears Up for First CKB Halving...
- CKB, the blockchain of the Nervos Network, is set to have its first halving on November 19th.
- The halving will reduce CKB's base issuance rate, bringing down inflation from 7.92% to 3.77%.
- The base issuance will drop from 4.2 billion to 2.1 billion CKB per year, while the secondary issuance remains unchanged at 1.344 billion CKB annually.
- The secondary issuance targets state occupiers and acts as a disinflationary token for long-term holders.
- CKB's Layer 1, known as the Common Knowledge Base, uses Proof-of-Work for consensus and supports diverse scaling and application solutions.
- CKB's Cell model gives developers control over data structure and transaction authorization logic.
- CKB-VM allows developers to deploy various signature and hashing algorithms without hard forks.
- CKB is already being used by products like JoyID and d.id to offer blockchain experiences to users.
- The Nervos Network addresses state bloat through a multi-layered architecture and ties state growth to the native token.
- State rent is implemented through targeted inflation to incentivize responsible state management and provide income for miners.
- The Nervos Foundation is organizing an online party to celebrate the halving event.
The article highlights the significance of CKB's first halving, emphasizing its impact on reducing inflation and ensuring long-term sustainability. It also showcases the innovative features and flexibility of the Nervos Network and CKB blockchain. Overall, the sentiment is positive and optimistic.