Fidelity Follows BlackRock’s Lead, Files For Spot Ethereum ETF
Fidelity has decided to join rival BlackRock and double down on crypto, filing for a spot Ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)....
- Fidelity has filed for a spot Ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF) with the SEC, following a similar filing for a spot Bitcoin ETF.
- BlackRock has also filed for a spot Ethereum ETF, creating competition between the two financial giants.
- Other asset managers and financial institutions have also applied for spot Bitcoin and Ethereum ETFs.
- The SEC is expected to make a decision on a Bitcoin ETF by January 10, 2024, which could impact the approval of other ETF applications.
- ETFs holding Bitcoin or Ethereum could have a significant impact on the crypto market, making it easier for investors to access digital assets.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, as it highlights the interest and competition among financial giants in launching spot Ethereum and Bitcoin ETFs. The potential impact of these ETFs on the crypto market is seen as a positive development.