Circle Launches New ‘Bridged USDC Standard’ To Reduce Fragmentation Across Chains - The Daily Hodl
The firm behind the second-largest dollar-pegged crypto asset by market cap is launching a new token standard for their stablecoin....
- Circle, the firm behind the second-largest dollar-pegged crypto asset, is launching a new token standard called the Bridged USDC Standard.
- The standard aims to deploy a bridged form of USDC on Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) blockchains.
- Circle claims that the bridged USDC standard is permissionless, equitable, standardized, extensible, secure, and audited.
- The new token standard will result in a less fragmented user experience and make the stablecoin compatible with multiple blockchains via the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP).
- The Bridged USDC Standard is already live on Linea and Scroll testnets and mainnets.
- Circle plans to expand the standard to support modular EVM architectures and simplify the deployment of new blockchains.
- The firm expects the Bridged USDC Standard to boost the adoption of USDC in the blockchain ecosystem.
The article presents a positive development in the form of Circle launching the Bridged USDC Standard, which is expected to enhance the adoption and compatibility of USDC in the blockchain ecosystem.