Mark Cuban’s Hot Wallet Hacked, $870,000 Worth Of Crypto Stolen
Cuban confirmed the hack on Friday but added that he doesn’t know how the hacker managed to gain access to his hot wallet....
- Mark Cuban, billionaire investor and owner of the Dallas Mavericks, had one of his crypto wallets hacked, resulting in the theft of nearly $900,000 worth of crypto.
- The hack was discovered by an independent blockchain investigator who noticed suspicious activity in one of Cuban's inactive hot wallets.
- The hacker withdrew assets such as USD Coin, Tether, and Lido Staked Ether from the wallet, as well as $2 million worth of USDC from another wallet.
- Cuban confirmed the hack and speculated that he may have fallen victim to a phishing attack after downloading a fake version of MetaMask.
- The crypto community speculates on how the hack occurred, with some suggesting that Cuban may have mistakenly signed off on a malicious transaction or that his private keys were compromised.
- This is not the first time Cuban has suffered losses in the crypto market, as he previously experienced losses due to a rug pull and has had a changing relationship with cryptocurrencies.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses the hacking incident and the loss of funds for Mark Cuban. However, it also highlights his changing views on cryptocurrencies.