PUBG Creator Krafton Unveils New NFT Game Overdare - NFT News Today
Krafton announces Overdare, a new NFT-integrated metaverse game. Discover the vision, collaborations, and challenges behind this ambitious venture....
- South Korean gaming giant Krafton is entering the NFT-integrated metaverse gaming landscape with its latest initiative, Overdare.
- Overdare, formerly known as "Project Migaloo," is set to debut in December 2023, with a full launch planned between January and July 2024.
- Krafton has developed an exclusive blockchain system called Settlus for Overdare, which will be available on mobile and powered by Epic Games' Unreal Engine 5.
- Overdare will allow creators to use generative AI instruments to develop various game categories and enable users to customize avatars and engage in simulated interactions.
- Krafton holds an 85% stake in Overdare, while Naver Z, a company specializing in augmented reality technology, holds a 15% stake.
- Overdare will feature a "create-to-earn" economic model, allowing players to exchange virtual in-game assets as NFTs and potentially earn returns in Coinbase and Circle's USDC stablecoin via the Settlus blockchain.
- Krafton is aware of challenges such as changing token prices and is actively working to address them to ensure a successful and enjoyable experience for Overdare users.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting Krafton's entry into the NFT-integrated metaverse gaming landscape with Overdare. It also acknowledges the challenges associated with combining NFTs and blockchain in gaming but emphasizes Krafton's efforts to address them.