From Blind Confidence to Educated Optimism – Navigating Obstacles for Institutional DLT Adoption in Finance - The Daily Hodl
The finance and fintech news of late 2022 and early 2023 may have created uncertainty for some financial institutions and digital assets skeptics....
- The finance and fintech news of late 2022 and early 2023 have created uncertainty for some financial institutions and digital assets skeptics.
- However, it has also facilitated the transition from blind confidence to educated optimism surrounding cutting-edge financial technologies, particularly DLT (distributed-ledger technology).
- 93% of institutional investors believe in the long-term value of blockchain technology for finance, and 74% intend to increase their allocations to the digital asset sector in the year ahead.
- Challenges remain for traditional finance institutions to implement blockchain solutions and achieve universal mass adoption of DLT in financial services.
- The main obstacles include the need for appropriate universal laws, asset-agnostic regulations, international standards for Universal ID and credential scheme adoption.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting the potential and benefits of DLT and blockchain technology in the finance industry. However, it also acknowledges the challenges and obstacles that need to be addressed for widespread adoption.