Microstrategy prepares for bull market by buying more bitcoin
Michael Saylor’s Microstrategy has bought a further 12,333 bitcoins for around $347 million, bringing its total to 152,333 bitcoins....
- Microstrategy, led by Michael Saylor, has purchased an additional 12,333 bitcoins for $347 million, bringing its total holdings to 152,333 bitcoins.
- The company made these purchases at an average price of $28,136 per bitcoin, filing the purchase with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- With the current value of bitcoin at just over $30,000, Microstrategy's purchases have put the company in a profitable position.
- Considering the potential of the bitcoin bull market, Microstrategy's holdings are expected to increase in value in the coming years.
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a US presidential candidate, announced that his campaign would accept bitcoin donations, praising it as a "bulwark against totalitarianism" and defending the right to use and hold bitcoin.
- Kennedy promised to reverse the Biden Administration's hostility towards the bitcoin industry and emphasized the importance of keeping this innovation in the US.
The sentiment in the article is generally positive. Microstrategy's continued purchases of bitcoin are seen as a smart move, and the potential for increased value in the future is highlighted. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s support for bitcoin and his promise to reverse the Biden Administration's stance on the industry are also viewed positively.