Digital Euro System Now Underway in Europe, EU Commission Says It ‘Won’t Replace Cash’ - The Daily Hodl
The European Commission has proposed a legislative plan for the launch of a new digital euro payments system, one that it says will not replace the use of physical cash. ...
- The European Commission has proposed a legislative plan for the launch of a new digital euro payments system.
- The plan aims to provide both payment options, cash and digital, to meet the growing trend of digital payments while still acknowledging the preference for physical cash.
- The proposal includes a framework for launching the digital euro and measures to safeguard the use of cash.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) supports the proposals and is ready to provide technical input for the rollout of the digital euro.
- The ECB emphasizes the importance of ensuring the digital euro brings value to people and maintains the accessibility and acceptance of euro cash.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, as it highlights the European Commission's efforts to adapt to the growing trend of digital payments while still valuing physical cash. The support from the European Central Bank further adds to the positive sentiment.