Major League Baseball Is Hosting Its First Live Game in a Virtual Stadium - Decrypt
Wednesday's Rays vs. Angels baseball game will be recreated in real time in the metaverse, letting fans experience the action in a new way....
- Metaverse technology company Improbable will stream the first regular season Major League Baseball (MLB) game in a virtual ballpark.
- The game will be played at Tropicana Field in Florida, but fans from around the world can watch in 3D via MLB's Gameday 3D technology.
- Improbable's web-based experience will recreate the game in real time in 3D, allowing for new ways to experience the action.
- The technology opens up opportunities for broadcasters to create unique experiences and generate additional revenue.
- Fans can select their desired angles for watching the game and interact with other online visitors through spatial audio.
- Trivia games and a digital scavenger hunt will also be available inside the virtual ballpark.
The article highlights the exciting development of streaming a real-world MLB game in a virtual ballpark using 3D technology. The sentiment is positive, emphasizing the potential for new experiences and revenue opportunities.