What the Next Fed Meeting Could Mean For Bitcoin - Decrypt
If the Fed keeps interest rates flat—as the market expects it will—it could be a bullish sign for Bitcoin, according to analysts....
- The Federal Open Markets Committee (FOMC) is expected to announce a flat policy interest rate.
- There is a 99% likelihood of a flat rate according to the CME FedWatch tool.
- A flat rate could be bullish for Bitcoin, as its price has historically correlated with risk equities and central bank policy.
- Wharton Finance Professor Jeremy Siegel believes the Fed should not raise rates further, as it could negatively impact employment and inflation.
- Siegel predicts a strong stock market for the next few months based on the current strength of the economy.
- Bitcoin experienced significant growth after the Federal Reserve lowered its benchmark interest rate to 0.25% in 2020.
- A popular crypto YouTuber and trader believes a 0% rate increase could be bullish for Bitcoin.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, as it suggests that a flat policy interest rate could be beneficial for Bitcoin and the stock market. However, there is also a mention of potential negative consequences if the Fed were to raise rates.