Chat With Your Emails and Documents: Google Integrates Bard Into Its Product Suite - Decrypt
You can now let Google Bard read your email and browse your documents, giving it the ability to provide more personalized answers....
- Google has expanded its AI chatbot tool, Bard, to access users' personal information from Google Workspace apps like Gmail, Docs, and Drive.
- The integration aims to provide personalized responses tailored to users' data.
- Bard can draft cover letters using details from resumes, gather travel details from inboxes, and provide information based on the contents of emails or documents stored in Google Drive.
- Google assures users that their data is not used to train its AI model and that the choice to use Bard's extensions is optional.
- Bard's responses can now be double-checked using the "Google it" button, and Google Lens image uploads are supported in over 40 languages.
- This expansion reflects the growing role of AI in content creation and raises concerns about potential job impacts.
The article discusses the expansion of Google's AI chatbot tool, Bard, to access users' personal information. While it highlights the convenience and personalized responses that Bard can provide, it also raises concerns about privacy and potential job impacts. Overall, the sentiment is neutral.