Elizabeth Warren's Digital Asset Anti-Money Laundering Act Gets Nine New Sponsors - Decrypt
Warren's controversial Digital Asset Anti-Money Laundering Act has received support from nine more U.S. senators....
- U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren has gained support from nine other senators for her Digital Asset Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- The bill aims to address the perceived risks associated with cryptocurrencies and close regulatory loopholes.
- If passed, the bill would subject cryptocurrency firms to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Non-custodial wallets would be targeted, and banks and money service businesses would be required to verify customer identities and file reports.
- Warren has been critical of cryptocurrencies, linking them to illicit activities.
The sentiment of the article is negative towards cryptocurrencies, highlighting their perceived risks and association with illicit activities.