London Design Museum Lets Visitors Test Iconic Runway Looks via AR - Decrypt
An augmented reality experience developed by Snapchat maker Snap is part of the museum's new "Rebel: 30 Years of London Fashion" exhibit....
- The Design Museum in London is hosting a fashion exhibition called "Rebel: 30 Years of London Fashion" sponsored by Alexander McQueen.
- The exhibition uses augmented reality (AR) technology powered by Snapchat to provide visitors with a backstage experience of London Fashion Week.
- Visitors can interact with AR lenses on vanity mirrors to try on hair and makeup looks from London Fashion Week designers.
- The lenses use machine learning and facial tracking technology to create realistic AR hair styles and makeup looks.
- The exhibition also features ray tracing technology to accurately simulate how light interacts with reflective surfaces.
- Snap's AR technology has previously been used at events like the US Open tennis tournament.
- All the designers featured in the exhibition are alumni of NEWGEN, an initiative that supports emerging fashion design talent in the UK.
- The exhibition is co-curated by Sarah Mower MBE and Rebecca Lewin and will run until February 11, 2024.
The article highlights an exciting fashion exhibition that utilizes augmented reality technology to enhance the visitor experience. The use of AR lenses and advanced technologies like machine learning and ray tracing is seen as innovative and immersive. The overall sentiment is positive and enthusiastic about the exhibition.