Dior Is Latest Luxury Brand to Embrace Tokenized Fashion—But Won't Say 'NFT' - Decrypt
French fashion house Dior announced a line of men's sneakers with "digital twins" on Ethereum and an NFC chip-based authentication system....
- French fashion house Dior has announced a new line of men's footwear, the B33 sneaker, which incorporates blockchain technology.
- Each pair of shoes will be linked to a digital twin NFT minted on the Ethereum blockchain.
- The shoes will feature an encrypted online authentication system and an NFC chip placed under the sole of the right foot.
- Dior's parent company, LVMH, has been actively exploring blockchain-based features across its brands.
- Dior's announcement avoids using blockchain-related terminology, possibly to avoid the negative connotations associated with the technology.
The article highlights Dior's embrace of blockchain technology for its new line of men's footwear. The tone is generally positive, emphasizing the innovative features of the shoes and the broader trend of luxury brands integrating blockchain into their products. However, there is also a mention of Dior avoiding blockchain-related terminology, suggesting a cautious approach.