CME Group to Launch Ethereum-to-Bitcoin Ratio Futures Next Month - Decrypt
The world's leading derivatives exchange is set to expand its digital assets offering with a new product....
- The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Group plans to launch Ethereum/Bitcoin (ETH/BTC) ratio futures on July 31, pending regulatory approval.
- The ratio futures contract allows investors to speculate on or hedge against the relative performance of Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- The ratio will be calculated as the final settlement price of ETH divided by BTC and will always be positive across all contract months.
- The launch of ETH/BTC ratio futures aims to capture the relative value of ether and bitcoin in a single trade.
- CME Group introduced its first Bitcoin futures contract in December 2017 and Ethereum futures trading in February 2021.
The article highlights the launch of Ethereum/Bitcoin ratio futures by CME Group, which is seen as a positive development for investors looking to capture the relative value of ether and bitcoin in a single trade.