Steam Bans CS:GO Accounts With $2 Million Worth of Skins—Do NFTs Fix This? - Decrypt
CS:GO accounts tied to at least $2 million worth of assets were just banned—but players could have more options with an NFT game....
- Around 40 CS:GO players had their accounts banned on Steam, resulting in over $2 million worth of in-game skins being lost.
- The banned accounts were allegedly part of a supplier program for CSGORoll, a third-party marketplace for trading skins and gambling.
- The bans were leaked by a rival gambling site, CSGOEmpire, and allegations were made about illegal activities and advertising to children.
- Some members of the CS:GO community have expressed dissatisfaction with the bans.
- Web3 enthusiasts argue that NFTs could solve such dilemmas by giving players full control over their assets.
The sentiment of the article is mixed. While some members of the CS:GO community are unhappy with the bans, Web3 enthusiasts see potential in NFTs to solve similar issues.