North Carolina Reps Suggest Adding Bitcoin, Gold to State Treasury - Decrypt
A bill authorizing a study of whether North Carolina should hold Bitcoin and gold in its treasury just advanced to the state senate....
- North Carolina lawmakers have passed a bill to fund a study on digital assets and precious metals.
- The bill aims to assess how holding Bitcoin and gold could help the state's General Fund hedge against inflation and yield better returns.
- The study will also examine the acquisition, security, and liquidation of digital assets and precious metals.
- The bill proposes the creation of a state-administered institution to custody assets like Bitcoin and gold.
- The study's findings and policy recommendations will be reported back to the state's Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, as lawmakers are considering investments in Bitcoin and gold to protect the state's assets against inflation and devaluation.