dWallet Labs Reveals Research To Bring First Scaleable MPC to Web3 - With Thousands of Parties and Unprecedented Speed - Decrypt
MPC and threshold cryptography is used by many financial institutions and users in Web3 to secure assets and remove the single point of failure that private keys create....
- dWallet Labs has released Tiresias, a work that enables massive-scale threshold Paillier settings with thousands of parties in real-world scenarios.
- Tiresias allows for trustless multi-party computation (MPC) between thousands of participants, addressing the limitations of existing MPC protocols.
- Existing MPC protocols have either required a trusted setup or have been limited to a small number of participants, hindering decentralization.
- Tiresias replaces unicast communication with broadcast communication, reducing complexity and potentially enabling threshold protocols with hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of participants.
- Current MPC algorithms are slow and do not support batching of signatures, making them impractical for real-world scenarios.
The article highlights the limitations of existing MPC protocols and introduces Tiresias as a solution to enable trustless multi-party computation on a large scale. The tone of the article is positive, emphasizing the potential of Tiresias to unlock the full potential of MPC in Web3 projects.