Why Laguna Games Rejected 'Game of Thrones' to Make 'Crypto Unicorns' - Decrypt
"We didn't start this company [...] to just get jobs at WB," Laguna CEO Aron Beierschmitt said of the decision to make Crypto Unicorns....
- Laguna Games chose to develop the NFT game Crypto Unicorns instead of working on a "Game of Thrones" licensed game with Warner Bros. Games.
- Warner Bros. Games tried to acquire Laguna Games but made a poor offer.
- Laguna Games wanted to explore the possibilities of building within the Web3 world and try something new.
- Laguna Games had a partnership with Warner Bros. Games to produce two prototype titles.
- The "Game of Thrones" franchise has ventured into the NFT world with a collectibles series called "Build Your Realm," but it received negative reactions.
The article highlights Laguna Games' decision to choose independence and explore the Web3 world with Crypto Unicorns instead of working on a major IP game with Warner Bros. Games. The sentiment is positive towards Laguna Games' choice to take a risk and try something new.