FTX Halts Sale of $500 Million Stake in AI Startup Anthropic - Decrypt
The bankrupt crypto exchange holds $500 million in Anthropic shares, which are a coveted asset for FTX debtors....
- FTX is halting the sale of its stake in AI platform Anthropic, which is worth over $500 million.
- FTX filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in November and is accused of commingling over $402 million in customer funds.
- FTX has sold off some of its assets, including derivatives trading platform LedgerX for $50 million.
- The potential sale of Anthropic shares was an attempt by FTX to "clawback" funds to pay off creditors.
- Anthropic launched Claude AI in March after receiving a $400 million investment from Google and another $450 million in Series C funding in May.
The article has a negative sentiment as it talks about FTX's bankruptcy and accusations of commingling customer funds. The halt in the sale of Anthropic shares is also seen as a setback for FTX's attempts to pay off creditors.